Hope you’re having a great week so far 🙂
I’m here to share my go-to cookie dough recipe! If you’re a cookie loving person, or loves to bake, or wants to impress a certain someone or coworkers…this recipe is for you. It is so easy AND I’ve tasted & tried it so many times using different techniques. I first came across this cookie recipe years ago and over the years I’ve tweaked it here and there to what I have now used pretty much every I want to make chocolate chip cookies. Friends have called this my “crack cookies” because they thought it was addicting!
Here’s the other thing I love with this recipe – you can actually put in any topping you want! You’re not feeling chocolate chip tonight? Well, why not make it into a white chocolate macadamia nut recipe? OR add some skor toffee bits into the OG chocolate chip recipe to spice things up? The dough is super versatile and its fun to put your own spin in terms of toppings! You can also play around and put food colouring in the dough as well! I made pink cookies for valentine’s day and used the exact some recipe. Just a couple of red food colouring did the trick!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 3 tsp of vanilla (if you’re not a fan of vanilla, cut it down to 2!)
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1.5 cups of brown sugar (I have also tried with 1/2 cup of granulated and 1 cup of brown sugar and it tasted great)
- Any topping you want to put in (e.g. chocolate chips, toffee bits, nuts)
- If you have butter lying out on your counter and it’s currently at room temperature…amazing! If not, I would then put the butter into the microwave and heat it so that it’s soft BUT not all melted (usually about 20-25 seconds). Combine that with the oil in a bowl.
- Now you can do this two ways:
– If you have a stand mixer or hand mixer, you can use that to beat the butter with the brown sugar and oil.
– If you don’t have a mixer OR you’re just too tired to get it out (which happens to me a lot), you can actually just use a normal big bowl and a spatula to do this. Just be aware that your arm is going to get a workout! If you’re going this route, make sure that your butter is really soft so that you can combine it easily with the sugar!
- Add your vanilla and eggs into the mix until it’s all incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, add all your dry ingredients together: flour, baking soda, and salt. If you’re not keen to wash another bowl, you can also dump the ingredients into the other already combined wet ingredients bowl and mix. Just make sure you mix it really really well if you do it this way, because you don’t want the baking soda only in a certain section of the dough.
- Add in your toppings! You can add as much or as little as you want. Normally for just chocolate chip cookies, I usually add about 3/4 cup of chocolate chips in there. I like a good ratio of dough to chocolate chips for each cookie.
- Roll into little dough balls and put on parchment paper or greased aluminum foil on a baking sheet.
Put into the oven at 375 degrees F for 9-10 minutes. If you’re making mini cookies, adjust that time 1/2 minutes less. When you take out the cookies, it will still look sort of wet. THIS IS FINE, trust me! Just leave it to cool for a couple of minutes and it will harden. You’ll then have yourself a really yummy and soft cookie.
Hope y’all try this recipe and let me know what you think!